1. What is 14k gold-filled?
To make gold-fill jewellery, multiple layers of solid gold are pressure-bonded to a core of high-quality jeweller’s brass using extreme heat. The result is a thick layer of real gold and a durable, long-lasting product.
2. What is the difference between gold-filled and gold-plated?
Gold-plated pieces are typically the least expensive option, but offer lower quality- these pieces could easily chip or flake and there are few standards about what base metal can be used. Gold-filled pieces will not chip or flake, and are much more durable and long-lasting. Also, the standards for 14k gold-filled are strictly regulated, while the standards for gold-plated encompass a broad range of thicknesses, so you can't be sure how much gold is in the plated layer.
3. Is 14k gold-filled good quality?
Gold-filled is absolutely your best option after solid gold for quality and durability. It will not flake off or turn your skin green and offers a great option for people with sensitive skin. Gold-filled jewellery can stay beautiful for a lifetime, especially with a little care.
4. Is gold-filled jewellery okay for people with sensitive skin?
Yes it is- 99.9% of people find they have no sensitivity to gold-filled jewellery. As the outside layer of the piece is solid 14k gold, it interacts with your skin in the same way solid 14k gold would. If you do not have any sensitivities to solid gold, you will find gold-filled agrees well with your skin.
5. What is sterling silver?
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver and is considered a precious metal. The other 7.5% of the alloy is usually copper, which strengthens the silver without compromising its appearance.
6. Can I shower in my Littl jewellery?
Yes! It can actually be good for cleaning gold-filled jewellery to shower with it on, however, make sure that your shampoos and soaps are gentle as certain chemicals can negatively impact the look of the gold. If you're not sure, take your jewellery off to shower. Do not shower with your freshwater pearl jewellery.
7. Can I exercise in my Littl jewellery?You can, however, we recommend not to as the salt in sweat can sometimes (but very rarely) cause the jewellery to tarnish.
8. How should I care for my Littl jewellery?
We recommend that customers remove jewellery before going to bed or participating in physical activity. Exposure to certain harsh chemicals or environments will result in compromising the integrity of your jewellery. This includes, but is not limited to the following: perspiration, perfumes, cleaning agents, chlorine, salt water, and silver polish.
9. How should I clean my Littl jewellery?Pour a small amount of mild soap into warm water and use a small, soft toothbrush to clean your jewellery. Toothbrushes are ideal for cleaning jewellery with intricate details, which can otherwise be difficult to clean.
Polish your jewellery with a soft cloth or polishing cloth, and make sure that your jewellery is dry before storing it away.
10. My body piercing has irritated my skin, is this normal?There is an extremely small chance that our body jewellery will cause any irritation to the skin, due to our products being of the highest quality, however, irritations can sometimes happen. Please note that unless you are allergic to the metal (this is very rare), irritations are mainly due to outside factors- e.g. failing to take hygiene precautions when placing the piece in, accidentally hitting or bumping the pierced area, wearing tight clothes which rub on the pierced area, etc. Due to this, we cannot be held responsible if an irritation occurs, as we cannot know what caused the irritation.
11. How should I clean my freshwater pearl jewellery?Try to prevent your freshwater pearls from being exposed to water, makeup, creams, chemicals and cleaning agents. Freshwater pearls cannot withstand silver polish. Do not use a silver-polishing cloth as it may dull your pearls. Instead we recommend mild soap mixed with warm water. Use your fingers to gently clean your jewellery. Do not use a brush. Pat dry and lay flat until completely dry.
12. How should I store my Littl jewellery?Your jewellery should be stored away from natural sunlight and heat, in a protective (lined) jewellery box or a tarnish-resistant pouch. Do not store your jewellery in the bathroom.
13. Will my Littl jewellery arrive gift wrapped?
All orders (without purchased gift boxes) will come in a basic Littl pouch and recyclable mailer box. If you are wanting to purchase jewellery as a gift, please add a gift box to your cart (you can do this at the same time as when you add the item of jewellery to your cart). If you are purchasing multiple gifts and are needing multiple gift boxes, make sure to add a gift box with each of those jewellery items, when adding them to your cart.
During the checkout process, you will have the option of writing a gift message to go with your order, which will arrive in your gift package.
14. Can I include a personalised gift message with my purchase?Yes, you will be given the opportunity to create a personalised message at checkout. The message will arrive in your gift package. The package will not have any other additional form identifying you as the giver- for this reason, we encourage you to write your name on the gift message.
15. Can I order a design in a different length?We offer custom lengths on most of our designs- please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your custom order details, and we will be happy to do this for you.
16. Do you do custom pieces?Yes, we love creating custom designs! Please contact us at email@example.com with your ideas and we will be able to discuss this further/start the process.
17. I received my necklace, but it is too tight, can I send it in to get extended?We offer a chain extension that can be attached to all of our jewellery, however the return shipping cost will have to be covered by you.
Please note that your local jeweller may be able to provide this service to you, which may be a quicker/cheaper option for you.
18. What is your ring sizing?All of our rings are standard US sizes. If you don’t know your US sizes, we highly suggest getting sized by a local jeweller. You can also reference our Sizing Chart. We cannot be responsible for determining your ring size.
19. Does The Littl offer repairs/replacements?It’s rare, but accidents can happen! Luckily, all of our jewellery has a warranty period of 3 months. Depending on the type of breakage and wear, we can offer a repair or a replacement in the case of a faulty product. Repairs and replacements outside of the warranty period may incur a fee of $10-50AUD.
20. Does The Littl ship to PO boxes?Yes, we do!
21. Why am I being shown a different checkout price from my cart total?The Littl process all orders in AUD. While the content of your cart is displayed in your country's currency, you will checkout using AUD at the most current exchange rate.
22. Can I use more than one discount code at checkout?No, our promotions are not available in conjunction with any other offer. Only one discount can be used per order.
23. I entered my discount code at checkout, but it isn't appearing on my order confirmation email- is this normal?Yes, this is normal, and the code will still work/appear on our end.
24. It's been a few days and my order still hasn't been dispatched, why?
We are committed to processing all orders as quickly as possible, and in most cases, orders will be processed and made immediately, and will ship out within two (2) to seven (7) business days. Please remember that ALL PURCHASES ARE MADE TO ORDER, so please be patient, as orders don't usually ship out the day they are placed.
25. Does shipping protection come with every order?
You can choose to have shipping protection at checkout for a very small fee (a tiny percentage of your total spend, calculated at checkout), and this will cover all parcel loss, damage, and theft. The option is automatically selected, and we encourage all our customers to keep it selected as insurance. By deselecting the shipping protection, The Littl is not liable for lost, damaged, or stolen items.