To make gold-fill jewellery, multiple layers of solid gold are pressure-bonded to a core of high-quality jeweller’s brass using extreme heat. The result is a thick layer of real gold and a durable, long-lasting product.
Gold-plated pieces are typically the least expensive option, but offer lower quality- these pieces could easily chip or flake and there are few standards about what base metal can be used. Gold-filled pieces will not chip or flake, and are much more durable and long-lasting. Also, the standards for 14k gold-filled are strictly regulated, while the standards for gold-plated encompass a broad range of thicknesses, so you can't be sure how much gold is in the plated layer.
Gold-filled is absolutely your best option after solid gold for quality and durability. It will not flake off or turn your skin green and offers a great option for people with sensitive skin. Gold-filled jewellery can stay beautiful for a lifetime, especially with a little care.
Yes it is- 99.9% of people find they have no sensitivity to gold-filled jewellery. Because the outside of the piece is solid 14k gold, it interacts with your skin in the same way solid 14k gold would. If you do not have any sensitivities to solid gold, you will find gold-filled agrees well with your skin.
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver and is considered a precious metal. The other 7.5% of the alloy is usually copper, which strengthens the silver without compromising its appearance.
Yes! It can actually be good for cleaning gold-filled jewellery to shower with it on, however, make sure that your shampoos and soaps are gentle as certain chemicals can negatively impact the look of the gold. If you're not sure, take your jewellery off to shower. Do not shower with your freshwater pearl jewellery.
We recommend that customers remove jewellery before going to bed or participating in physical activity. Exposure to certain harsh chemicals or environments will result in compromising the integrity of your jewellery. This includes, but is not limited to the following: perspiration, perfumes, cleaning agents, chlorine, salt water, and silver polish.
Polish your jewellery with a soft cloth or polishing cloth, and make sure that your jewellery is dry before storing it away.
Please note that your local jeweller may be able to provide this service to you, which may be a quicker/cheaper option for you.
We are committed to processing all orders as quickly as possible, and in most cases, orders will be processed and made immediately, and will ship out within two (2) to seven (7) business days. Please remember that ALL PURCHASES ARE MADE TO ORDER, so please be patient, as orders don't usually ship out the day they are placed.
You can choose to have shipping protection at checkout for a very small fee (a tiny percentage of your total spend, calculated at checkout), and this will cover all parcel loss, damage, and theft. The option is automatically selected, and we encourage all our customers to keep it selected as insurance. By deselecting the shipping protection, The Littl is not liable for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Must spend a minimum of $100AUD for code to work.
- Offer cannot be applied to past orders.
- Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offers.
- If you return an item that you purchased using the code, you must return the gifted earrings, if your new order total is now under $100AUD.
The code will not make a product image appear in your cart, and will not appear in your order confirmation email. As long as the code stays visible on your cart page once you've entered it in (right before checkout), be assured that it will show up on our end, and we will know to add a pair of mystery earrings to your order.