“A Littl goes a long way”
With ethical and climate consciousness being at an all-time high, The Littl stand for ethical practises and sustainable choices, across the entire production process. Offering customers a high-end jewellery selection with integrity, is, and always will be a priority.
We recognise the challenges associated with providing precious materials in a responsible manner, and take pride in working closely with our suppliers to ensure our materials are sourced and produced in the most ethical way possible, with most of out .925 silver jewellery being made from recycled silver, and all our pieces being nickel-free.
All business operations (from designing, planning, operational processes, and trading and manufacturing practises) integrate our focus on preserving the quality of our environment. Some of the initiatives incorporated into our day to day operations are:
- Recycling all paper, cardboard, plastics, cans, and bottles, in our office recycling bin.
- Being paperless: we stores all customer records electronically, customer invoices and statements are forwarded electronically, and company communications are handled electronically.
- Reducing material waste: no piece of chain/jewellery part is wasted, and some of our jewellery is actually designed around using those scrap pieces that are leftover (e.g. the Thick Drawn Cable Chain Earrings, which are made from leftover chain, whenever we don’t have enough length to make a bracelet),
- Using re-used/recycled materials:
- Almost all of our sterling silver designs are made from recycled sterling silver,
- We re-use cardboard boxes we receive with deliveries for storage, and have kept many to re-use for any future office moves,
- Any bubble wrap/zip lock bags received from suppliers are put aside in our office, to be re-used whenever we need either of those in office.
- Using eco-friendly materials:
- All bin bags/sticky tape used are biodegradable (from Bio-Gone),
- All orders are shipped using mailers that are made from 100% biodegradable and compostable materials (from Hero Packaging),
- Our packaging is plastic-free and 100% recyclable,
- Our clean and minimal gift boxes are encouraged to be re-used, and can also be recycled,
- We use real glasses/plates during our lunch breaks, instead of disposable ones.
- Accomodating remote work, when we can, to reduce unnecessary commuting.
Custom hand-making almost every single piece to order, in the Sydney studio, is a conscious decision that allows The Littl to reduce waste, and minimise the environmental footprint.